Have you ever had the pleasure of speaking to an IT department? Then chances are you will have heard the phrase “have you tried turning it off and back on again?” However, there’s a good reason this is often the first thing muttered by the voice at the other end of the line.
Resetting electronic devices gives them a chance to refresh and start all their processes over. When left running for extended periods, the memory functions become stretched and require being cleared out completely.
Bluetooth headphones are one device this can happen with, and completing a reset can have them feeling like new again. So, let’s find out exactly How to Reset Your Bluetooth Headphones…
- How to Know your Bluetooth Headphones Need a Reset?
- Specific Reset Instructions by Bluetooth Headphone Brand
- How to reset Beats Bluetooth headphones?
- How to reset Bose Bluetooth headphones?
- How to reset Sony Bluetooth headphones?
- How to reset Jabra Bluetooth headphones?
- How to reset Sennheiser Bluetooth headphones?
- How to reset Skullcandy Bluetooth headphones?
- How to reset Apple Airpods Bluetooth headphones?
- How to reset Samsung Galaxy Buds Bluetooth headphones?
- How to reset JBL Bluetooth headphones?
- How to reset Mpow Bluetooth headphones?
- How to reset Taotronics Bluetooth headphones?
- How to reset Anker Bluetooth headphones?
- How to Reset Your Bluetooth Headphones – Still No Success?
- Thinking of upgrading your Bluetooth Headphones?
- How to Reset Your Bluetooth Headphones – Final Thoughts
How to Know your Bluetooth Headphones Need a Reset?
There are a number of issues that you’ve probably experienced if you own a set of Bluetooth headphones. Some you might even be experiencing right now, which is why you’ve searched for this helpful guide.
Common issues include:
- Unable to connect your headphones to your audio source device.
- Your headphones don’t appear in the list of Bluetooth devices.
- Repeated disconnections between your headphones and audio source.
- You notice a significant delay between video and audio.
- Audio quality has been greatly reduced, including hearing static.
- Even though you’re connected, there’s no sound coming out from your headphones.
Most of these issues can be resolved by resetting your headphones. This is good news, meaning that you don’t need to fork out for a replacement or expensive repairs. You won’t even need to stay on hold waiting for the IT department.
Although all headphones are slightly different and might require their own specific process to complete a reset, you can try these steps first:
- Hold down the power button on your headphones.
- Wait until you hear an audible tone or see an LED indicator flashing.
- Repeat the initial pairing sequence with your audio source device.
Specific Reset Instructions by Bluetooth Headphone Brand
Hopefully, you don’t need to read any further than this, and following the above steps has solved all your issues. But, we all know that things aren’t usually that simple. So, we will now provide specific instructions on how to complete a reset on the most popular brands of headphones.
We have included instructions for the following brands:
- Apple Airpods.
- Samsung Galaxy Buds.
How to reset Beats Bluetooth headphones?
- Ensure all cables are disconnected from your Beats headphones.
- Press and hold the [Power] button for 10 seconds.
- Wait until the LED light blinks, indicating your Beats headphones have been reset.
How to reset Bose Bluetooth headphones?
- Make sure there are no cables connected to your Bose Bluetooth headphones.
- Plug in the included USB cable to only the wall plug or computer, but not your headphones.
- Press and hold the [Power] button while at the same time plugging the other end of the USB cable into your headphones.
- Wait until the blue LED light begins to blink.
- Release the [Power] button.
How to reset Sony Bluetooth headphones?
- Ensure your Sony Bluetooth headphones are turned off.
- Press and hold the [Power] as well as the [Play/Pause] button simultaneously for four seconds.
- When the blue LED indicator begins to flash, release both buttons.
How to reset Jabra Bluetooth headphones?
- Make sure your Jabra Bluetooth headphones are turned on.
- Press and hold the [Answer/End call] and [Volume down] buttons simultaneously for five seconds.
- When you see both the battery and Bluetooth icons flash five times, release both buttons.
- Turn your Jabra Bluetooth headphones off and then back on again.
How to reset Sennheiser Bluetooth headphones?
- Make sure your Sennheiser Bluetooth headphones are switched off.
- Connect your headphones to a power supply using the included USB cable.
- Keep both [Volume] buttons pressed down and [Power] on the headphones.
- The LED indicator will flash purple three times to indicate reset is complete.
- Your headphones will now be in Bluetooth discovery mode.
How to reset Skullcandy Bluetooth headphones?
- On your audio source device, delete the Skullcandy Bluetooth headphones from the list of Bluetooth devices.
- Press and hold the [Volume Up] and [Volume Down] buttons at the same time.
- Once the two LED indicators flash yellow, release the buttons as your headphones have been reset.
How to reset Apple Airpods Bluetooth headphones?
- Place your Apple Airpods Bluetooth headphones in their case.
- Close the lid on the case, wait 30 seconds, and then open the lid.
- On your iPhone, iPad, or iPod, open the [Settings] App.
- Select [Bluetooth] from the list, and then tap the [i] next to your Airpods.
- Tap [Forget This Device], and then tap again to confirm.
- With the lid still open on your Airpods case, hold the [Setup Button] on the back for around 15 seconds until the status light flashes amber.
- With the lid still open on the case, place them near your device to begin the pairing process again.
How to reset Samsung Galaxy Buds Bluetooth headphones?
- Make sure your Galaxy Buds Bluetooth headphones are fully charged and placed inside their charging case.
- Open the [Galaxy Wearable] App on your audio source device.
- Scroll down to and tap [About earbuds].
- Tap [Reset earbuds], then tap again to confirm.
How to reset JBL Bluetooth headphones?
- Ensure that your JBL Bluetooth headphones are completely turned off.
- Press and hold the [Volume Up] and [Volume Down] buttons together for approximately 20 seconds.
- Release the buttons when you hear a sound letting you know that your headphones have been reset.
How to reset Mpow Bluetooth headphones?
- Turn off your Mpow Bluetooth headphones and place them in their case.
- Press and hold the [Power] button.
- When you see two LED indicators blink alternatively, release the button.
- Repeat the pairing process again.
How to reset Taotronics Bluetooth headphones?
- First, unpair your Taotronics Bluetooth headphones from your audio source device.
- Ensure the headphones are placed in their case.
- Quickly tap each headphone three times. When the white LED light flashes, this indicates the left and right headphones are paired to each other.
- Remove the headphones and hold the touch control on both for approximately five seconds.
- When the indicator lights flash red and blue, this confirms the headphones have been reset.
How to reset Anker Bluetooth headphones?
- Unpair your Anker Bluetooth headphones from the audio source device.
- While outside of their case, tap the touch control on each earbud four times, and the red indicator LED should flash on each earbud.
- Place both earbuds back inside the case.
- Remove the earbuds and place them next to each other until the indicator LEDs blink white.
- Complete the pairing sequence again with your audio source device.
How to Reset Your Bluetooth Headphones – Still No Success?
After trying to reset your Bluetooth headphones and still not having any success, there are still a few other options you can try. Solving issues with electronic devices is a troubleshooting process, so don’t give up just yet.
You can always try one of these options:
- Reset the Bluetooth on your audio source device.
- Restart your audio source device.
- Make sure there is no interference from any other nearby devices. Issues commonly occur when the headphones are near routers, remote control dongles, and USB 3.0 ports.
- Delete your headphones from your audio sources device list and then pair again.
- Ensure that you are not too far away from the audio source device.
- Update any drivers, Apps, or Firmware associated with your headphones and audio source device (always backup first).
- Make sure both your headphones and audio source device are fully charged.
Another way to troubleshoot is to see if your headphones will connect to a different device if you have one available. If they are not working on your smartphone but will connect with your computer, then you know the issue is not with your headphones.
Thinking of upgrading your Bluetooth Headphones?
Then it’s worth taking a look at our comprehensive reviews of the Best Wireless Bluetooth Headphones, the Best Bluetooth Headphones for Conference Calls, the Best aptX Bluetooth Headphones, or the Best Waterproof Bluetooth Headphones currently on the market in 2021.
Or, if you’re not looking to spend a lot, how about our in-depth reviews of the Best Bluetooth Headphones Under 200 Dollars you can buy, or maybe even the Best Bluetooth Headphones under 100 Dollars around.
However, if you’re also considering a pair of non-Bluetooth Headphones, then check out our reviews of the Best Studio Headphones for Home Recording, the Best Headphones and Earbuds for Sleeping, the Best Headphones under 100 Dollars, and the Most Comfortable Headphones for your money.
How to Reset Your Bluetooth Headphones – Final Thoughts
Knowing how to complete basic troubleshooting steps with electronic devices can be hugely beneficial. Having a few tricks up your sleeve can save you time and energy without getting frustrated.
If you own or purchase a new set of Bluetooth headphones, it is worth learning how to do a complete reset on them. As you can see here, it can potentially solve a large number of different issues.
It will also give you the confidence to learn more advanced features on your electronic devices, giving you even further use and enjoyment.