Skullcandy has been around for quite some time now. And, while some would disagree, the sales figures paint a very clear picture – they are popular.
Many users prefer them for their style. Others for the specific sound signature of the higher-end models. And other users buy them because they are affordable and durable enough to justify the investment.
As with all electronics…
Skullcandy earphones and headphones aren’t perfect. They are prone to problems with batteries, connections, and software bugs. Like most products, they can be reset to clear up these issues.
However, this process isn’t always explained in simple terms in their user manuals. This can be rather frustrating, considering how vital it is to know how to do this.
So, I’ve decided to take a look at how to reset Skullcandy wireless earbuds & headphones. No matter which model you’ve got, you should be able to find the helpful instructions you need. Let’s dive right in with…
- Resetting Your Skullcandy Earphones – The Broad Strokes
- How To Reset Skullcandy Indy Evo
- How To Reset Skullcandy Dime Earbuds
- How To Reset Skullcandy Jib Earbuds
- How To Reset Skullcandy Push Earbuds
- How To Reset Skullcandy Sesh Earbuds
- How To Reset Skullcandy Crusher Earbuds
- How To Reset Skullcandy Hesh and Riff Earphones
- Want to Know More About Skullcandy Products?
- How to Reset Skullcandy Wireless Earbuds & Headphones – Final Thoughts
Resetting Your Skullcandy Earphones – The Broad Strokes
New electronics are constantly being developed and released across the world. And chances are that new models will be released by Skullcandy within the next six months to a year.
Therefore, it’s important to know how resetting Skullcandy headphones and earbuds works before we get into the specifics.
Here are the basic steps to reset any wireless Skullcandy device:
- As a rule, start by making sure the Skullcandy device isn’t paired with any smart devices at the moment.
- Remove or “forget” the Skullcandy device on all the smart devices it had previously been paired with. Also, deactivate the Bluetooth connection on the source device.
- Power off the Skullcandy headphones or wireless earbuds.
- Once the device has been turned off, press and hold the power and the volume up/ + button for about five seconds.
- If the procedure was performed correctly, the Skullcandy device should now be reset, and you can pair it to a new device.
How To Reset Skullcandy Indy Evo
Skullcandy Indy Evo earbuds are understated in their design and aesthetic. Furthermore, they proved so popular that Skullcandy released a Budweiser edition as well. Whether you own the standard black or Budweiser edition, the instructions for performing the reset should be the same.
- Open Bluetooth settings on your source device (smartphone, tablet, laptop, etc.) and remove/forget your Skullcandys from the paired devices.
- Press and hold the main power button on both earbuds for six seconds. This will shut them down.
- Once the Skullcandy earbuds are turned off, wait a few moments and then repeat the step. But, this time, hold down the button for ten seconds.
- After ten seconds, place both earbuds in the charging case. The LED inside the case will flash red as you place each earbud inside its cradle.
- Remove both earbuds from the case once more. They should power on automatically, and you will see the LED flash blue to indicate that they are syncing with one another.
- An audio prompt should play when they have been successfully reset.
You can now go ahead and re-pair your Skullcandy earbuds with your source device.
How To Reset Skullcandy Dime Earbuds
Despite looking a bit intimidating, these are some of the simplest models to use and reset. Just follow these steps, and you should be done in a matter of minutes.
- Open the Bluetooth settings on your source device, turn off Bluetooth, and also forget/remove the Skullcandy devices from your list of paired devices.
- Remove both earbuds from the charging case; they should now power on without assistance.
- Double-check that the earbuds have not paired to any source devices. Then tap the buttons on both earbuds twice, holding down the button after the second tap for at least two seconds.
- After a free moment, the Skullcandy earbuds will have been successfully reset.
The alternating red and blue LED will indicate that you have done the reset successfully. Go ahead and reactivate Bluetooth on your source device and pair up your Skullcandy earbuds.
How To Reset Skullcandy Jib Earbuds
The Skullcandy Jibs aren’t the most aesthetically pleasing earbuds I will grant you. They’ve been compared to a mini jump rope strewn across the listener’s neck. That being said, they are still popular and loved by many for their durability and sound.
Here’s how to reset Skullcandy Jib earbuds:
- Turn off the Bluetooth connection on your source device and forget the Skullcandy Jibs from your list of paired devices.
- Open the lid of the charging case and remove both earbuds. Turn them off by pressing and holding the buttons for four seconds.
- Once they have been powered off, press and hold both buttons again, this time for ten seconds.
- Once the reset process has been completed, turn the earbuds off and on again.
- If done correctly, the earbuds will turn themselves on automatically, and the blue lights will indicate that they are syncing with one another.
You can now go ahead and activate Bluetooth on your source device, re-pair your Skullcandy earbuds, and start jamming away.
How To Reset Skullcandy Push Earbuds
The Skullcandy Push models are often regarded as the most aesthetically pleasing of the bunch. They are small and snug to the point where people sometimes hardly notice wearing them. Here’s how to perform a reset:
- Start by turning off Bluetooth on your source device, and make sure that you have removed your Skullcandys from the paired devices list.
- Hold down the buttons on both earbuds for six seconds to turn them off.
- Make sure that they are completely turned off.
- Once you are certain that they are turned off, press and hold both buttons once more for at least ten seconds to start the reset process.
To make sure that you have performed the task correctly, place both earbuds inside the charging case, and the LED should flash red.
Next, remove both earbuds from the case. They should turn on automatically, and blue LEDs will light up. This indicates that you have performed the reset properly. Now, go ahead and re-pair your earbuds with your source device.
How To Reset Skullcandy Sesh Earbuds
These are one of the more budget options available. They’ve proven quite popular due to their simplicity. So, when learning how to reset Skullcandy wireless earbuds & headphones, these are the easiest. How’s how…
- Open the Bluetooth settings on your source device and deactivate Bluetooth. Also, be sure to remove/forget the Skullcandy device from the list of paired devices.
- Remove only the left earbud from the charging case. Press the button six times. The LED indicator should blink red, and the earbud will turn off. Place it back in the charging case.
- Remove the right earbud from the charging case and repeat the above steps. Wait for the red indicator and put the earbud in the case.
- Wait a few moments, and then remove both earbuds from the case. They should automatically turn on and begin syncing if the reset was properly performed. An audio prompt will let you know that they have been successfully reset.
You can now activate Bluetooth on your source device and start pairing your Skullcandy Sesh earbuds.
How To Reset Skullcandy Crusher Earbuds
If you opted for a pair of headphones instead of earbuds, the process is no more complicated when it comes to resetting the device. Simply follow the steps for your device, and you’ll be done in minutes.
- Start by turning off Bluetooth on your source device and removing the Skullcandy headphones from the list of paired devices.
- Press and hold both the buttons on the right side of your headphones and wait for the LEDs to begin flashing yellow; they will continue to do so for about three seconds.
- The headphones should now be reset, turn on Bluetooth on the source device, and re-pair your devices.
How To Reset Skullcandy Hesh and Riff Earphones
The process for resetting Skullcandy Hesh and Riff models happens to be the same. So, whichever one you own, these instructions can be followed to perform the reset:
- Open the Bluetooth settings on your source device and deactivate the Bluetooth connection. Remove the Skullcandy headphones from the list of paired devices.
- Hold down the volume and the main button on the headphones for at least three seconds. The LED will blink, and an audio prompt will let you know that the headphones have been disconnected properly.
- After the reset has been performed properly, the headphones will turn themselves back on and begin painting with the first available device. There will be a vocal prompt that says “pairing.”
Want to Know More About Skullcandy Products?
If so, take a look at our detailed articles on How To Pair Skullcandy Wireless Earbuds & Headphones and Skullcandy Earbuds One Side Not Working for more useful information.
Also, check out our in-depth Skullcandy Crusher Wireless Review, our Skullcandy Push True Wireless Review, our Skullcandy Crusher ANC Review, our Skullcandy Hesh 3 Wireless Review, and our Skullcandy Push Ultra Review for items you can buy in 2023.
And don’t miss our comprehensive reviews of the Best Skullcandy Earbuds, the Best Headphones for Music, the Best Headphones For Rock & Metal Music, the Best Sound Quality Earbuds, and the Best Bass Earbuds currently on the market.
How to Reset Skullcandy Wireless Earbuds & Headphones – Final Thoughts
If you were unsure about resetting Skullcandy headphones or earbuds, hopefully, this article has helped. It’s frustrating that big manufacturers don’t make the instructions in their manuals much easier to understand. However, the process is fast and easy, no matter which model you own.
Until next time, happy pairing and happy listening.Related Posts
- Beats Solo 2 WIRED Review
- Top 34 Best Helen Reddy Songs of All Time
- The 7 Best Free MIDI Keyboard Software for Every Platform in 2023
- Top 48 Tears For Fears Songs
- Top 215 Best Songs That Tell a Story
- Top 5 Best Karaoke Microphones for iPhones and Smartphones in 2023
- Best Portable Guitar Amplifiers In 2023 – Top 8 Picks
- Connect a Soundbar to TV Without HDMI or Optical – 4 Ways to Try
- Top 120 Best Songs About Crushes
- How to Play 12-String Guitar – A Complete Guide for Beginners