Skullcandy manufactures some of the coolest-looking, best-sounding wireless earphones and headphones on the market. They are known for their distinctive alien skull logo and sleek designs.
I recently became the proud owner of one of these headsets. I was thinking for weeks about how I would enjoy my favorite tunes and podcasts. My previous set had been wired, so I was looking forward most to the wireless experience.
I’m happy to say that they are even better than I thought. So, I decided to put together this short article on how to pair Skullcandy wireless earbuds & headphones with other devices for any other users who might be curious or having some trouble. So, let’s dive right in.
Pairing Skullcandy Earbuds or Headphones to a Source Device
This process will essentially be the same with all the different models. But, there are slight variations that might apply to your specific model. So, make sure to check out those sections below.
The basic Skullcandy earbuds and headphones pairing process is as follows:
- Start by ensuring that the Bluetooth functionality on both devices is turned on.
- Next, you’ll need to put your Skullcandy earbuds/headphones in pairing mode.
- With your Skullcandy device in pairing mode, open the Bluetooth settings on your phone/tablet/PC and select your Skullcandy device from the available devices to initiate pairing.
As a general rule, pairing mode can be activated by taking your Skullcandy earbuds out of the case and then placing them back inside. At that point, the indicator should turn red. Close the lid, wait a few seconds, open it up, and take the earbuds out. The Skullcandy device should now be in pairing mode.
Now that we’ve laid down the broad strokes, we can get into some more detail. Let’s take a look at how to pair different types of Skullcandy devices.
Popular Skullcandy Headphones and Earphones
These are not all of the available Skullcandy devices. However, these are some of the most popular ones. For each, I included a quick guide on how to pair them.
This is one of the simplest Skullcandy earbud models. Start by removing the earbuds from the case, waiting a few moments, and then replacing them. The indicator should turn red, close the lid, and then reopen the case and remove the earbuds. They will now be in pairing mode.
Open the lid and remove both earbuds from the case. Make sure that they are not turned on. Hold down the main function button on the left earbud for seven seconds; the indicators on the earbuds will begin flashing when they are in pairing mode.
Even more simple than the Sesh model. Just open the case’s lid with both earbuds inside, and they will automatically go into pairing mode.
Open the lid and remove both earbuds from the case. Place them back in the case and watch for the indicator to flash red. Close the lid, wait a few moments and then open it up again. As soon as you remove the earbuds, they will be in pairing mode.
Remove both earbuds from the case, wait a few moments and then place them back in. The indicator will turn red; then close and open the lid. Remove the earbuds and begin pairing them with your source device.
How To Fix Only One Earbud Connecting
A problem that a number of Skullcandy users have had is that they can only get one of their earbuds to connect to their source device. Luckily, I did some digging, and some easy steps should solve your problem:
- Start by deactivating Bluetooth on your source device (phone, tablet, PC, etc.).
- Turn on your Skullcandy earbuds; they won’t be able to pair to your device since the Bluetooth is turned off.
- Push or tap the center button on each one of the earbuds four times. This is like doing a restart on a smartphone. It won’t work if the earbuds are paired to a device, so make sure the Bluetooth on other devices is deactivated.
- Place both earbuds back in the charging case and close the lid.
- The earbuds will now sync with one another.
- When the syncing between the two buds is complete, a beep will sound.
- Activate the Bluetooth on the source device and pair up your Skullcandy earbuds.
Pairing Skullcandy Headphones
Most Skullcandy Headphone models will function via the following steps:
- Start by making sure that your Skullcandy headphones are turned off. Press and hold the power button for six seconds.
- The LED indicators on your device will begin to flash to indicate that the headphones are now in pairing mode.
- Open the Bluetooth settings on your source device (phone, tablet, laptop, etc.).
- Find your Skullcandy headphones on the list of available devices and select them to initiate the pairing process.
- Your headphones should now be paired to your source device.
Skullcandy Headphones Not Paring – Quick Fixes
Sometimes, Skullcandy headphones can have trouble pairing. Here are some basic steps to follow to troubleshoot and possibly fix Skullcandy headphones pairing issues:
- Start by checking the distance between the devices; they should be within a reasonable range of one another.
- Perform a soft reset (restart) on both devices; this will clear any bugs that there might be. Try to pair up the devices again.
- Unpair any other Bluetooth devices like speakers and other earphones from your source device. Also, turn off the Bluetooth of any other source devices that you previously paired with your Skullcandy headphones. Make sure the only device your headphones can connect to is your desired source device.
- If the problem is that your source device refuses to initiate or complete the pairing process when you select your Skullcandy in the devices list, try forgetting the Skullcandy completely and then re-pairing from scratch.
- Try to identify and move away from any objects and other devices that may be causing interference with the Bluetooth connection. These can include microwaves, SUB USB3.0 ports, and routers.
Apart from learning how to pair Skullcandy wireless earbuds & headphones, you may have some other questions about your Skullcandy device. Here are some of the most frequently asked questions about Skullcandy earbuds and headphones.
Will Skullcandy products work with any kind of source device?
Yes. Whether it’s an Apple, Android, Mac, or Windows device, Skullcandy headphones and earphones will seamlessly connect with them. The only requirement is Bluetooth capability.
How can I check the battery of My Skullcandy device?
Skullcandy 7 headphones and earbuds provide two methods of checking battery life. The first is by looking at the notification on your source device.
The second is the LED indicators on the Sullacandy devices. These different colors will give you an indication as to the basic level of the battery.
How long will it take my Skullcandy device to charge?
On average, the time to charge Skullcandy earbuds is around one hour from flat to full. To charge the case, it will take around two hours from flat to full.
When it comes to headphones, the total charge time from flat to full is around two and a half hours. A nice feature of Skullcandy headphones is that they offer fast charging. That means you can get about five hours of playtime from a mere ten-minute charge.
However, you will notice that the fuller the battery gets, the slower the rate of charge will be. Don’t worry; this is to maximize the battery’s lifespan.
Will I save battery life when I turn off Active Noise Cancellation?
ANC is one of the most battery-intensive features a pair of headphones can have. So, turning it off will have a dramatic effect on your overall battery life.
Can I use my laptop/PC to charge my headphones?
Yes, you can. Almost any standard USB-A port will work for charging your Skullcandy headphones or earbuds. Skullcandy’s official recommendation is a 5W (5V, 1A) USB output or higher.
Looking for Some Great Skullcandy Devices?
If so, take a look at our comprehensive Skullcandy Indy True Wireless Review, our Skullcandy Crusher Wireless Review, our Skullcandy Riff Review, and our Skullcandy Hesh 3 Wireless Review for more great items currently on the market.
Also, check out our in-depth reviews of the Best Skullcandy Earbuds, the Best Sound Quality Earbuds, the Best Bass Earbuds, the Best True Wireless Earbuds, the Best Headphones for Music, the Best Headphones for Hip-Hop, and the Best Headphones Under $200 you can buy in 2023.
How To Pair Skullcandy Wireless Earbuds & Headphones – Final Thoughts
Hopefully, this article has helped you understand the paring process of Skullcandy devices. Luckily, these devices are easy to use and understand.
There are easy workarounds for most of the small issues you will encounter. So, have no fear; in no time, you’ll be rocking out to your favorite tracks.
Until next time, happy listening.