Do you need to know how to connect Sony Bluetooth headphones to any device? If so, you have come to the right place. Fortunately for us all, Bluetooth is now so accessible and easy to use. You don’t have to be a Harvard grad or a tech geek to get the job done simply and efficiently in ten minutes or less.
All you have to do is listen to my words of advice, and you will be connected in no time. So, check out my quick and easy guide to connecting Sony Bluetooth headphones to find out exactly what you need to do…
- Connecting Bluetooth Headphones – The Basics
- How Do I Connect Sony Bluetooth Headphones?
- Connecting Headphones Via Bluetooth
- How Do I Connect Sony Headphones with NFC?
- Connecting Sony Bluetooth Headphones to Other Devices
- Connect Sony Bluetooth Headphones to Android
- Connect Sony Headphones via Bluetooth with iPhone
- Connecting Sony Bluetooth Headphone with Windows 10
- Connecting Sony Headphones via Bluetooth to Mac
- Need Great Bluetooth Headphones or Other Bluetooth Devices?
- How to Connect Sony Bluetooth Headphones to Any Device – Final Thoughts
Connecting Bluetooth Headphones – The Basics
We are going to show you how to connect your Sony headphones to several different devices. We are not quite sure what media device you are using, so we will try and cover them all. But first, let’s talk about the basics.
Ever try and pair your headphones to a device, but you were unable to connect? This could be via your smartphone, MP3 player, or other devices. If so, there is nothing more frustrating. Technology is supposed to simplify our lives, not complicate them. It’s times like these when we pine for the simple old days of wired headphones. All you had to do was plug in and play.
Keeping it free and easy…
For sure, wireless headphones can have connectivity issues, but there are so many positive benefits of using wireless products. You are not tangled up in wires, and you have lots of maneuverability and freedom. We would suggest that you purchase branded wireless headphones from reputable companies such as Sony.
Do you already have wireless Sony headphones, or are you in the process of buying some? Keep reading so you are never unconnected for too long. But firstly, here are some of the best Sony Bluetooth headphones that come highly recommended by myself and other audiophiles to get you started…
- Sony WH-XB700B Wireless Bluetooth Headphones
- Sony WH-1000XM4 Bluetooth Noise Cancelling Headphones
- Sony WH-CH510 Wireless Bluetooth Headphones
- Sony Noise Cancelling WHCH71ON Bluetooth Headphones
How Do I Connect Sony Bluetooth Headphones?
Now we have covered the basics and some excellent Sony Bluetooth headphone examples, it’s time to get you connected. There are only two ways to connect your Sony Bluetooth headphones. It’s not as complicated as you might imagine.
The two connections are Bluetooth and Near Field Communication (NFC). The former is very simple, while the latter is a bit more technical but very useful.
Connecting Headphones Via Bluetooth
Let’s start with a step-by-step guide on how to connect Sony Bluetooth headphones to any device.
- Firstly, make sure your Bluetooth headphones are turned off.
- Place your headphones directly next to the device you want to pair with.
- Turn the media device on.
- Press and hold down the power button on your headphones for approximately seven seconds. This will start the process of pairing your headphones with the media device.
- Once the light indicator comes on, release the button.
At this point, your headphones should be in pair mode, looking to connect with your device. The first time you perform this action, you will need to manually pair your headphone model with your device.
Go into the pairing settings of your device and choose your headphones model from the options. And that should be it. However, if your model name isn’t there, repeat the whole process.
Please note: the pairing settings on your device and the power buttons on your headphones are different from model to model.
How Do I Connect Sony Headphones with NFC?
If you want to connect Sony headphones with NFC, it might be a bit more complicated than Bluetooth. Just remember that not all media devices support NFC functionality, so check your model’s small print. Check out my step-by-step guide to connecting your Sony headphones via NFC.
- Enable your phone’s NFC function. You can find this option by opening the settings on your phone and finding the WiFi section. You should be able to enable NFC from there and turn it on.
- Now you need to hold your phone close to the headphones or speaker until you hear a short pinging sound or a vibration. This is a signal to inform you that your headphones are connected.
Things you need to remember…
As we mentioned earlier, you will only need to perform this pairing procedure the first time you connect your Sony Bluetooth headphones with your phone or device. From then on, they should automatically pair when Bluetooth is enabled on both devices.
The only time you will need to perform this procedure again is if you delete the original connection on your device. Or if you have performed a factory reset or sent your phone to the shop for repairs.
Connecting Sony Bluetooth Headphones to Other Devices
Now we have covered the two most common ways to connect Sony Bluetooth headphones; we need to diversify. Nearly every phone and computer device in the modern world has a media player. You will find them on iPhones, laptops, PCs, and even TVs.
The problem is that these devices all use varying operating systems. So, check out my guide to connect your Sony Bluetooth headphones to Android devices, iPhones, macOS, and Windows 10 systems.
Connect Sony Bluetooth Headphones to Android
Did you know that there could be 2 billion people who use devices with Android operating systems? It’s easily the most used smartphone operating system in the world. So there’s a good chance you will have an Android-powered phone or tablet. So, here is my guide to connecting Sony Bluetooth headphones to Android…
- Hold down the power button on your Bluetooth headphones few several seconds until you see a light indicator flash and you hear a voice that says “power on.”
- Make sure your Android smartphone or tablet is unlocked.
- Go to your Android smartphone settings and toggle until you find the “Bluetooth” category.
- Click on “Bluetooth,” and then you will see a dropdown list of available paired devices.
- From there, you should see the model name or number of your headphones. Click on that to pair with the device, and that should be it.
Connect Sony Headphones via Bluetooth with iPhone
If you use an iPhone, connecting your Sony headphones via Bluetooth should be relatively simple. So, check out my step-by-step guide below…
- Hold down your headphone’s power button for several seconds until you hear a voice saying “power on,” and the light indicator flashes.
- Unlock the screen of your iPhone.
- Go to your iPhone settings and select “Bluetooth.”
- From there, make sure your iPhone’s Bluetooth setting is enabled. If not, turn it on.
- You will see a list of paired devices.
- Scroll down until you see your headphone model name or number.
- Click on your model name to pair the two devices.
Connecting Sony Bluetooth Headphone with Windows 10
Are you are using a laptop or a PC with the Windows 10 operating system? If so, here is the best way to connect your Sony Bluetooth headphones to a Windows 10 system.
- Once again, hold down the power button on your headphones until you hear the “power on” voice and see the light indicator flashing.
- Click on the Windows icon on the bottom left of your screen, and then choose “Settings.”
- Select “Devices,” which will take you to the “Bluetooth & Other Devices” page.
- You can then click on the slider to enable Bluetooth.
- Click on the “Add Button” option, and you will see a “Bluetooth” option, which you need to click.
- A list of devices will appear with your headphone’s model name included. Click on your model to pair.
Connecting Sony Headphones via Bluetooth to Mac
Are you are using a Mac with an OS system and need to connect your Sony Headphones via Bluetooth? Here is my step-by-step guide to connecting Bluetooth headphones to macOS.
- Keep your finger on the power button of your headphones until you hear the ‘power on’ voice and see the flashing indicator light.
- Navigate in your MAC to find the ‘System Preferences’ section on the lower part of the taskbar.
- Click on the Bluetooth setting, and then click to enable if it’s not already on.
- From there, you will see a list of devices and just click on your model name or number. And that should pair them both together.
Need Great Bluetooth Headphones or Other Bluetooth Devices?
We have a nice selection to help you out. Check out our in-depth reviews of the Best Bluetooth Headphones Under $200, the Best AptX Bluetooth Headphones, the Best Waterproof Bluetooth Headphones, the Best Bluetooth Headphones Under $100, and the Best Wireless Bluetooth Headphones you can buy in 2021.
Also, have a look at our detailed reviews of the Best Bluetooth Headphones for Commuting, the Best Bluetooth Headphones for Conference Calls, the Best Solar Powered Bluetooth Speakers, the Best Bluetooth Speakers With Radio, and the Loudest Portable Bluetooth Speakers currently on the market.
How to Connect Sony Bluetooth Headphones to Any Device – Final Thoughts
Learning how you can connect Sony Bluetooth Headphones to any device is not that difficult. You just have to understand that the procedures are slightly different depending on the operating system you use.
If you use phones, laptops, or computers that have Android, Windows 10, or a MAC operating system, it will take you less than ten minutes. We hope this Sony Bluetooth headphones connection guide was helpful.
Until next time, happy listening.